Wednesday, 21 February 2018

Level Blockout

For my block out I decided to concentrate more on the function rather than the aesthetics values since my block out would be used to place the level interactions in for Chris Butler's unit. This meant that I tried to keep my terrain quite level so that it was manageable for editing later if the need arose. I did this by using the level floor plan we created just give the basic feel for the flow of the level as this was big focus point for us to have for our project.

After this I then began to place trees into the terrain to cut off certain areas that will be used for cutscenes that directly reflect the storyboard I have created so a lot of the placement of objects even though they are placeholders for the FMP they do give a general understanding of the world and how it will eventually take shape in the FMP.


As the base of the level got shaped I then began to fill it up with item that would be used for traversal and world building, things like the ruins our the cliffs towards the end loop of the level these all gave shape to what would become the functional side of the level.














No comments:

Post a Comment