Wednesday, 21 February 2018

The Character and Concept Art





For the character of our game, we always wanted a little girl, having been inspired by Coraline, Little Nightmares and Inside as mention in an earlier post. For this particular character, we always liked the idea of a raincoat but with our inspiration being the characters stated, I personally decided that I'd avoid using that outfit on her and instead focused more on my own design.
As you can seen from the concept art, we wanted to stick with the gas mask idea but still make it out like she is a child even though you can't see her face, this I feel is accomplished by her bunny ears which reference her love of rabbits which is the driving force of the story. The idea on the left is my favourite because of the long sleeves, in my opinion is reflects on how small she is as her clothes don't fit her. I also wanted emphasis on her shes which are also too big with loose laces, reflecting on her age almost.




This is the floorplan that me and Emma created. The white path is the route towards the ruin as referenced in the story and the red one is the route home, however the path leading off into different ways is for the game mechanic side of the level as this is where the quick time events will be placed.

No comments:

Post a Comment